Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mt. Ellis Pow



In the midst of ski season here in Southwestern Montana that's been pretty dry, Mt. Ellis proved to have ample amounts of snow if you're willing to work for it. Sconnie, Abbey, Zeus and I trekked up to near the top of the 8331' foot peak on February 3rd. The views were amazing, of course, and the 3 or so feet of fresh was a just reward for 3 1/2 hours of snowshoeing. As usual, I brought up the rear in snowshoes. My crescent moon gold series 9's definitely did the job, but it was often difficult to keep from crushing the often awkward skin track on the way up. I felt a bit bad for those coming up after me, but there's not much I could do about it.

We took some decent footage of Zeus giving chase on the way down. It was the best snow I've seen this winter, hopefully Old Man Winter will send down a bit more soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha abbey!