Friday, May 11, 2007

Wrinkle Neck Mules… what you’ve been missing

Let me start by saying I’m not a “country” fan, at least not by today’s standards. In fact I avoid most new popular country music like the plague. However, every now and then I find a bluegrass, jam-band, or down-home-country group that I can’t get enough of. I can’t even remember how I stumbled upon Wrinkle Neck Mules, but Wow. It’s music that represents Montana so well its ridiculous… and they’re from Virginia. Anyway, here is what I want you to do…

1. When you’re winding down after a hard day’s work or play with a beverage in your hand. Go to their My Space page.

2. First, click on the song “Push the Pedal” and listen to the whole thing (maybe 2 or 3 times).

3. Then, when you’ve gotten the vibe, click on "Sugar and Sunshine" and enjoy.

Ok, now that you get the idea and you’ve downloaded them from iTunes, or bought the CD. There are a few other tracks to check out as ranked by my favorites… “Minor Enough”… “Liza”… “San Gabriel”… “No Consolation”… and a few more that escape memory right now.

For more… here is their home page.

No comments: