Monday, April 23, 2007

Organic Brew and Bike Parts (as random as it sounds)

Beer: Perhaps it’s not as urgent as decreasing our gas consumption or finding cures for major diseases (although some would argue that beer and coffee make living on this planet much more enjoyable), but organic beer is growing in an important way. Thanks in part to the increasing awareness of organic and fair-trade coffee and other goods, brewers and enthusiasts are beginning to take note (our thanks again to Cafe Evoke).

I’ve only had the privilege of a single bottle of organic homebrew, but it was delicious. Tasting a finely crafted beer, and having made my own pathetic (read: tastes like vomit) attempt at home brewing, gave me an appreciation of the intricacies of a well done small-batch. If you get a chance to taste one, or you're thinking of going the home brew route yourself, I recommend going organic. It’s how beer was meant to be.
**Disclaimer: If you're under 21 don't drink, ok.
Interesting Links: BrewOrganic.com & The National Organic Program



Bikes: I love my mountain bike and use it every chance I get. Hey we’re in Rockies. I’ve also considered trying out road biking, although I may leave that until I’m too decrepit to get up a mountain on a dirt trail. With that said, my friends and I ride hard and we break bike parts with curious frequency. Usually this happens when we are at the farthest point from the car, and getting back involves some sort of improvised rigging with duct-tape and tree branches. Our local bike shops swap out the broken part(s) and we’re back out there in no time. But where does that broken part go? Here are a few ideas… http://www.resourcerevival.com/. I received a picture frame and the original model bottle opener for Christmas (Thanks Family!). Unique, functional, and the opener does a great job on your favorite post-ride beverage or organic homebrew. Recycled bike parts make cool gifts (no they didn't pay me to say that).

~Billy

2 comments:

Cafe Evoke Catering said...

Another great thing to add to this is to taste local. Ah, there are many great breweries around (remember beer fest?) but two of my favorite organics are from Bozeman's own Montana Ale Works (heck, they even have a chainring in their logo!).

Try the Organic Porter or Pale Ale and you will - well - have more than one.

You can check out their menu here.

..oh, and did I mention they "recycled" their building? You can read about that on their site as well.

..be bold

PfinBilly said...

If you were a really good friend you'd buy the first round. Organic Porter sounds fantastic. I'll see you there!