Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New Product Intro: AquaFlo™ Hydration Systems


We launched an interesting new product on Powderfin.com today, the MPACK AquaFlo™ Disposable Hydration System.

My first reaction may have been similar to yours..."disposable"?! It seems to stray from the trend of responsible manufacturing and earth friendly products. However, upon closer examination, AquaFlo makes sense. First and foremost, it's entirely recyclable, from the caps, to the tube, to the reservoir. To find out more about how to recycle AquaFlo, check out their recycling program.

So then why would someone want a "disposable" hydration system?

  • Disposable: less time cleaning equals more time playing
  • Taste and odor free right off the shelf
  • Convenient and cost effective
  • Hygienic design
  • Designed to retrofit most existing hydration systems
We think this last item is pretty important. I've been using a Camelback® for a few years now, and it's still in pretty good shape. I've only used water in it, and I've cleaned it a few times to keep it fresh. I broke the bite valve cover off on a snowshoe trip, and my valve often leaks when hiking or snowboarding. I was considering replacing the unit with another Camelback® product, but I decided to try the AquaFlo™ instead.

The most impressive feature of the AquaFlo™ Universal Starter Kit is the Bite-Me Valve®. It simply works well when you want it to, and doesn't leak. I've been using the same AquaFlo™ reservoir for nearly a month now, and I've had zero problems with leakage, odor, or bad taste. To me, it makes more sense to purchase 3 recyclable reservoirs, a drink tube, and a superior bite valve for $26.99, rather than spend $28.00 on a single replacement reservoir, drink tube, and inferior valve.

I thought that since the reservoirs were "disposable", that they might be flimsy, leak easily, etc. It really hasn't been the case, I've been tossing mine around the boat, in the suitcase, around the house, in my backpack, without a protective cover, and I've had no problems with this product holding up well.

No comments: