Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The National Music Review/Suggestion

My sister insisted that I listen to The National, and I’m glad she did. The music is incredible and I like it the more I listen… so, listen to it.
Here is what Alec Hanley Bemis has to say about their music (an excerpt from the myspace page)…

“What exactly is The National going on about? Why are songs about love and war intertwined with songs about money and office life? Are these songs about all those topics at once? The only certain thing is that, like boxers, The National are making their way in a rough trade—a sport, a pastime, a violent thing. They get cut up and caught up in the ropes. They rip out the stitches though friends urge them not to. I won't lie. The National’s music is not easy to describe, but it’s very easy to listen to. It’s an antidote for uneasy times.”

Go to their myspace page and listen to “Fake Empire”, then others. I agree, "an antidote for uneasy times". Let me know what you think.

Cheers

No comments: