Monday, September 25, 2006

Change is definitely in the air up here under the Big Sky... I took a new friend to an old fishing hole the other day. It's a 'not so secret' spot on the Gallatin River where I used to take my late mutt Porterhouse. I definitely used to get there quicker, pass fewer restaurant chains, and less road construction. "Progress"...I reckon. I'm no Montana Native, so you won't hear me complaining. It's just different.One nice surprise was showing up to the river with Zeus and being the only ones there. Very nice. It was September 8 and I definitely felt old man winter yawning, waking up, and remembering that he has a job to do pretty soon. It was nice though, I got a chance to let the new dog run around, and eventually trick a whitefish into eating a nymph. No trout. No surprise either.In any event... changes are occurring, progress is being made, and growth is eminent in all aspects of life around powderfin. And it feels pretty good.

No comments: